Manoj Muntashir Says It Was A 'Mistake' To Write Adipurush , Regrets Defending The Film Amid Backlash

New Delhi: Writer Manoj Muntashir Shukla had faced a lot of backlash after the release of Prabhas starrer ‘Adipurush.’ The writer, who had tried defending his writing and dialogues for the film, has now said that writing the film was a bad idea and he should not have defended himself after the movie was released. 


In a conversation with Aaj Tak, Manoj said that whatever mistakes were made in writing the film was not intentional. He said, “There is no doubt about it. I am not such an insecure person that I would defend my writing skills by saying that I have written well. It's a 100 percent mistake. Yes, I made a big mistake. But, there was no bad intention behind that mistake. I had absolutely no intention of hurting the religion and causing trouble to Sanatan or to defame Lord Ram or to say something about Hanuman ji which is not there." 


He also said that defending himself immediately after the release of the film was a mistake. “I feel that when people were furious, I should not have clarified at that time. This was my biggest mistake. I should not have spoken at that time. If people are angry with my clarification, then their anger is justified. Because that was not the time to clarify and today I understand that mistake,” he told Aaj Tak. 


The writer also revealed about the death threats he received during that time and hid family was very worried and also shared that he moved abroad for some time and waited for the controversy to fade away. 


The mega budget film that released in June this year was severely criticised for the way it represented the mythological characters - Raghav aka Ram, Janaki aka Sita and Raavan.  


It also received flak for its direction, VFX, dialogues, and screenplay. 


http://dlvr.it/SyfK1H

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं

Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box.